Recommended Operating Conditions
- All VADJ pins must be supplied with the same voltage chosen from one of the following levels: +1.2VDC, +1.5VDC, +1.8VDC, +2.5VDC, +3.3VDC. Note that many carriers have a system controller that will make this choice for you.
The specifications below refer to the total current draw on each of the power supplies while the FPGA Drive FMC Gen4 is connected to a development board and has 2x SSDs connected.
|12 VDC||Dual write||281||mA|
|12 VDC||Dual read||199||mA|
|3.3 VDC||Dual write||969||mA|
|3.3 VDC||Dual read||688||mA|
- Tests performed at ambient temperature of 25 degrees C
- Tests performed using the ZCU106 development board
- Tests performed using 2x Samsung 980 PRO SSDs
- Both SSDs were exercised using dd under PetaLinux
- Measured write speed was 167MBytes/s (1.7% of rated write speed)
- Measured read speed was 240MBytes/s (1.7% of rated read speed)
- VADJ current draw was measured for VADJ of 1.8VDC and may be different for other levels
Note that the FPGA Drive FMC Gen4 example design will also produce an increase in power consumption of the FPGA/MPSoC on the development board due to the use of FPGA and hardware resources.
We have not performed comprehensive thermal testing on the FPGA Drive FMC Gen4, however we recommend that it be operated under ambient temperatures between 0 and 70 degrees C. This advice is based on the recommended ambient operating temperatures of a basket of NVMe SSDs currently on the market. The active devices on the mezzanine card itself have operating ranges that exceed those of the typical SSD and are listed in the table below.
Component Ambient Operating Temperatures
|ON Semi, Digital FET N-Channel, FDV303N||-55||150||C|
|TI, 3-17V 2-3A Buck Converter, TPS62913RPUR||-40||150||C|
|MicroChip, 2x Output PCIe Clock Generator, DSC557-0334FI1||-40||85||C|
|ST, 2K EEPROM, M24C02-FDW6TP||-40||85||C|
|Amphenol, PCIe M.2 connector, MDT420M02003||-40||80||C|
Components that are not listed in the table above (such as resistors, capacitors) are selected to have minimum operating temperature that is lower than -20 degrees C, and maximum operating temperature that is greater than 70 degrees C.
I2C (EEPROM) Timing
The serial EEPROM (part number ST, 2K EEPROM, M24C02-FDW6TP ) has a maximum operating clock frequency of 400 kHz.